Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving..........

I woke up this Thanksgiving morning at 4 AM, thinking about Charley. My routine is predictable. I look up at my ceiling and say aloud, "I miss you so much Charley. I miss you every day." It may seem a bit odd. How do I know if heaven is up or if he can even hear me? Still, each day begins the same way as I go through my little exercise of looking upward and talking aloud.

My family spent Thanksgiving with my Uncle Charley a few years ago. Ray and I loaded up the kids and some food. We had decided to bring Thanksgiving to him and he loved it. Today I am truly thankful for my Thanksgiving memory with Charley.

As we celebrate our first Thanksgiving without him, let us be grateful for all the wonderful years we shared together. Let us follow Charley's example of graciousness and gratitude, even in the face of insurmountable odds. Like Charley, let us be thankful for even the smallest blessings.

Keep the faith!


Happy Thanksgiving!

Shannon

No comments: