Sunday, November 16, 2008

The patient man.......

Charley was the most calm, patient teacher of a classic, meditative rowing technique. I treasured his patience - though he could lose his temper with those who were not on his team - but with us, he was loyal and patient, a wonderful teacher.

His passing feels like the passing of an era. I feel blessed to have known him and to have rowed with him. He is already sorely missed.I was also struck and touched by his great equanimity when he went through trying personal times. He personified in his personal life the patience he tried to teach us as rowers. He had grace! We all loved Charley.

I even dusted off my discarded Catholism and went to an All Soul's mass which featured Mozart's Requium, dedicating the evening and music to Charley. His memory will always be with us as we seek to perfect the glide and the grace which he taught so well.

Michele Coad, and her daughter Rosa.

No comments: